Hello hello hello! I’ve been on something of a cooking/baking spree this week – something about not running as long combined with free time in the afternoons makes my day ideal for cooking. So far this week, I’ve made tons of veggies and whatnot to store and use for the week, banana bread, granola, guac, black bean brownies, chia pudding, and these.
Please toss aside all poop-related humor. Despite the fact that these do slightly resemble… that, they are DELICIOUS and pretty easy. Very easy. I used this recipe.
raw vegan cocoa bites
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup natural almonds
(¼ cup dried shredded coconut – I forgot to put this in, but it still tasted fine)
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
2-3 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Soak the dates in water for 10-15 minutes, until slightly softened.
2. Place the almonds in your food processor and process until they are fairly finely ground.
3. Add the cocoa powder, coconut, flaxseed, chia, agave nectar, and vanilla. Process again until combined.
4. Drain the dates and add them to the food processor. Process until they are broken down and the mixture starts to hold together.
5. Form the mixture into 14-16* tightly-formed balls and transfer them to a plate. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
*I got more like 20-ish, it depends on how big you make them. Obviously.
Now, about running… I’m probably going to take today off, for two reasons.
1. It’s already 7 and I’m a little bit full of veggies and vegan bite ingredients right now.
2. My quads are a little tired from yesterday’s run, I could feel them a bit on the stairs. Normally that’s a YAY feeling – it still is – but the difference is, of course, that I’m supposed to be tapering… so I’ll just run longer tomorrow. Good. 8 miles is such an awkward distance anyway. 12 is much better.
peace love and running!